Information We Collect
Wavelip collects information in order to manage the Site, provide the Services and otherwise manage our business. We may collect information directly from you, from third parties with your consent, or indirectly when you visit our Site or use our Services.
Information You Provide To Us
You may provide us with information when you register for the Services, make a payment, create or modify your profile or account, access and use the Services (including when you upload, download or collaborate on or share content or other information), participate in contests, promotions, surveys, or interactive features, request information or customer support, or submit a question inquiry or complaint. The information that you provide in these circumstances may include:
* Name and contact information (such as an email address, telephone number and postal address).
* Username and password.
* Information necessary to process payments, such as credit card information.
* Information about your transactions with us, such as the Services you purchase or use.
* Information contained in the content you upload to the Services.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use the Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
* Usage Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Services, including IP address, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our Site, and identifiers associated with your device. Your device may also transmit location information to us. We may also collect information about the Services that you use, the pages of our Site that you visit and for how long, and the sizes and names of the files, folders or other content you upload, download, share or access while using the Services.
* Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. We use various tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons to help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse and use our Services. For example, cookies help us with things like remembering your username and settings, as well as understanding how
you are interacting with our Services. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Services.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
In some circumstances, we may obtain information from another person or entity. For example, we may obtain your contact information from your employer in connection with a corporate account, or another user if they give us access to their contact list to facilitate sharing of content. We may also obtain information from social media services if you create or log into your account through the service.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide, promote, administer and improve the Site, Services and our business, including to:
* Create your online account or profile.
* Provide the Services you request.
* Facilitate collaboration and sharing of content, including by sending emails on your behalf to individuals you want to collaborate or share content with.
* Process, complete and confirm transactions.
* Respond to your requests, inquiries or complaints and provide customer support.
* Communicate with you in respect of the Site or Services, including by providing updates, security alerts and other administrative messages.
* Understand your preferences and communicate with you in respect of products, services or events that may be of interest to you.
* Evaluate and improve our Site and Services.
* Investigate, detect and prevent fraud and other illegal activities, manage, administer, collect and otherwise enforce accounts, and maintain business records for reasonable periods.
* For other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Who Do We Share Information With
We may share your information and content with third parties in the following circumstances:
* Your Employer in Connection With a Corporate Account. If your account is connected to a corporate account, or is otherwise paid for or made available to you by your employer,
your employer and those authorized by your employer may have access to the information and content associated with that account.
* Collaboration and Sharing Features. The Service allows you to share your content with others, and allows others to communicate with you and/or modify your content. When you share your content, your name, email address and profile information will also be shared. You can choose who you want to share your content with, and restrict what those individuals can do with your content, by selecting the appropriate settings for your folders or account.
* Third Party Applications. We may provide you with opportunities to connect with third-party applications or services. If you choose to do so, your information and content may be shared with the third party and will be subject to the third party’s privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties.
* To Protect Us and Others. We may disclose your information to a third party to (a) enforce our agreements, policies and terms, (b) to protect the security or integrity of the Services, (c) protect us, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (d) respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
* Where Permitted or Required By Law. We or our services providers may disclose personal information without consent where required or permitted by law (including by foreign laws applicable to us or our service providers), for example to comply with a court order, or a legally permitted inquiry by a government or national security agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
Aggregated and Anonymized Data
We may use the information we collect to create aggregated or anonymized data, and may use and share this aggregated and anonymized data for any lawful purpose, including to improve and market the Site and our Services.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. However, if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide our Services.
You can “opt out” of receiving our promotional communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in such communications or by contacting us with your specific request (see Access, Correction and Contacting Us Section, below). If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your account or access to or use of the Services.
We take reasonable steps to protect your information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, which may include safeguards to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. However, we cannot guarantee the security of the information transferred to, or stored on, our systems or otherwise in our care. In addition, we cannot guarantee that information included in content you choose to store on our systems will be maintained at levels of protection that meet your specific obligations in respect of such information.
Our authorized Invited User, agents and mandataries who require access to your information in order to fulfil their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
Access, Correction and Contacting Us
The file containing your personal information will be maintained on servers hosted by a service provider on our behalf. If you wish to request access to or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, or if you have any questions, you may contact us at:
Wavelip Tech Solutions Corporation
299 Northfield Drive East Suite #4
Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2K 4H2